SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A suspect accused of sexually assaulting a minor multiple times was arrested as he attempted to flee the country, Shelby Township police said according to FOX2.
Officers began investigating 32-year-old Joel Quintana-Dominguez on July 15 after learning he may have sexually assaulted a minor. During the investigation, police received a tip that Quintana-Dominguez, who is in the United States illegally and had previously been deported, was planning to escape the country. They located him at a mobile home park in Macomb County and arrested him before he could leave.
Click here to support Dave Bondy’s independent journalism by becoming a paid subscriber.
Quintana-Dominguez was charged on July 19 with three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct. His bond was set at $500,000 cash/surety.
“I am disgusted and sickened after hearing the details of this case on what Quintana-Dominguez is being charged with. I am also appalled to hear that he had been deported in the past and was able to find his way back into the United States,” Shelby Township Police Chief Robert Shelide said.


